I don’t know about you guys, but I’m ready to pull my hair out, so I figured I’d share a few pointers that have helped me out along the way.
- Keep some healthy munchies by you - try trail mix and fruit. Pizza and greasy food is AWESOME when you’re studying, but if you snack on healthy stuff along the way, you’ll be able to focus better and keep yourself from having a blood sugar crash that’ll make you feel tired and unable to focus.
- You need regular breaks - try using Breaker as a timer, you can set up repeating cycles. Remember, the first half hour and the last half hour that you spend studying is what gets absorbed the best, and after a break, that cycle basically resets itself.
- If you keep getting sucked into the internet, Self Control or Focal Filter are a godsend. They block distracting websites for however long you choose, and with Focal Filter you have to reboot your computer to turn it off. If you have a Mac, Self Control is for you - unlike Focal Filter, rebooting won’t help you, you have to wait for the timer to run out.
- You need sleep! Having problems with waking up groggy? Try using Sleepyti.me to figure out how to wake up between sleep cycles, you’ll be amazed at how much more refreshed you feel - even if it’s just after a long nap after an all nighter.
- Getting loopy from sleep deprivation? It happens, but here’s some food for thought - if you’ve been awake for 18 hours straight, you’re as impaired as you would be if you were legally drunk. Think about it, what do you think it’s going to do for the information you’re trying to stuff into your brain?
- Don’t forget to stretch out! It’s easy to get cramped up, and if you take a minute or two here and there to just stand up and move around, you won’t be as stiff. This includes your hands, by the way.
- Having issues with getting fatigued? Try to avoid having too much caffeine. It’s great, yeah, but… Too much of it can cause fatigue. Try taking some B vitamins, they’re great for boosting your energy. Not only that, they help with concentration and anxiety.
- Are you drinking enough water? If you’re not, dehydration is another thing that can lead to fatigue. For more info on causes of fatigue, just click here, you might be surprised at what causes it - I was
And above all, remember this: YOUR SANITY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR GRADES.
It’s that time again!
Third verse, same as the first. Might get lucky (but I think it gets worse).
So. My latest addictions have been based around headphones, so grab a comfy pair and get to work.
My latest method of procrastination? 8tracks. Here, have some music that’ll keep you going.
Or, if you’re in the mood for something a bit more cerebral, you could check out binaural beats. (Don’t worry, there’s way more options than the screenshots show) Personally, I turn the graphics off and put the beats on a bit lower, then layer 8tracks on top.
K, break a lead everyone!
Oh dear god what have I done…
Reblogging it again because I just was scrolling through my dash on my phone and saw it and pressed play and my brother gave me the dirtiest look and I just said “wait for it” and then I laughed and he stared in horror
That was fun
oH MY GOD
i’m gonna throw this on my playlist that i put on in the car and just wait for it to come on shuffle one day and wait for the looks of sheer hatred to come over everyone’s face.
THIS IS MY FAVORITE
//I JUST LOST IT COMPLETELY
OH MY GOSH
to everyone with finals and exams and big projects due very very soon and haven’t started anything yet
"but kids won’t UNDERSTAND gay couples!"
shit, kids don’t understand long division and you shove that down their throat but taking five seconds to explain how some people like the same sex is way harder than dividing by a two fuckin digit number.
I tried to send a friend this picture, but then my inner JJ decided he needed a flower.
No no no. It’s the lens flare from the movies. Stalking him. Waiting to pounce and add its brilliance to any photo.
if only we could say the same of the leather pants
That would be the weirdest haunting ever. Nothing really overtly threatening. You just wake up and your lower half is clad in shiny leather. Daily.
nothing overtly threatening till you’re walking through NYC during Pride to your buddy’s house and all of a sudden people start chasing after you because of the leather pants of DOOM
….plus, fangirls. might get overwhelming after a bit or, if the leather isn’t properly maintained, that might chafe as well.
I dare you to do better
i want to stay
Feeling down? here have some bouncy goats
kids these days
you did not
“I’d choose you. Every goddamned time.” — sixwordstory (via sh-ocking)
how do people watch really great shit, find a new show/movie/etc that enters to your favorite list, and DON’T get obsessed???
like pls how normal people work HOW DO U NOT GET OBSESSED WITH SOMETHING, FULL OF FEELS THAT MAKE YOU WANT TO CRY AND SCREAM TO THE WORLD HOW PERECT THAT THING IS AND THEN FIND PEOPLE WHO LOVE THE SAME THING AND HAVE CONVERSATIONS IN ALL CAPS WITH THEM AND THEN GIF EVERY SCENE, DO ALL THE EDITS, REBLOG ALL THAT SHIT AND frICk
how do people not do that????
you ever wanna fuck the living shit outta somebody but also cook for them and make sure they’re emotionally stable?
"I BELIEVE THIS IS WHAT MIDGARDIANS CALL A "POOP-TART""
WAIT NO, DAD!
you ever look at a kink and think “nah” then a few years later look at the same kink and go “actually yes”